Friday, August 5, 2011

Busy Week & Mojo Monday #202

Looks like it has been awhile since I have posted, but at least it hasn't been months!! WOW...it is amazing how fast life can change. As some of you know, I have wanted to have the gastric bypass surgery for awhile now, but due to unexpected "things" that was on hold. But I have good news....Last Thursday I got the insurance companies approval to go ahead and proceed with surgery! Friday I met with the doctor and scheduled the surgery. So my surgery date is now set for Monday, August 29...which means, I will start my 10 day liquid diet on Friday, August 19!! I am SOOOOOO excited!! This is definitly an answer to prayer! Sooo...as the next few weeks go, I will be having tests done and meeting with my doctors. And...I will keep you all updated on my progress.

My husband had the gastric bypass just this past December (Dec. 13, 2010 to be exact) and as of yesterday he is down 238lbs!!! He looks like a new person and is enjoying his "NEW" life!! Although, as some of you many know...with the gastric bypass, it can lead to the gall bladder acting up. Sooooo, that is where his next step is...to have it removed since he has been having some attacks. So not only does August bring my surgery, but on August 23, he will go in for his gall bladder surgery. Yeah..it is going to be a busy month in the Rushlow household. I will take care of him for a week and then he can take care of me. But this is a road I am anxiously awaiting to take. I will post before pics and pics as the progress goes.

Now back to my creative side!! I have been on the flower making mode and trying new flower methods and just enjoying myself. So with my card today, I was able to share one with you. Not only that, but this heat is making me ready for much cooler weather. I am very much ready for the fall and especially Halloween. There is something about seeing all the kids dressed up in costumes and enjoying themselves. So today, I used the Mojo Monday sketch #202 and created a halloween card. I also added one of the cool flowers I have been working on.





Here is a close up of this cute little flower!! I love it and can't wait to make more of them.



Halloween Card Recipe:
Echo Park "Happy Halloween" pattern paper
Bo Bunny Dot paper (kiwi, orange citrus, & concord)
Cats Eye-charcoal
Memento-tuxedo black stamp pad
Hampton art stampa- "Best Witches" & witches hats
Making Memories mini stamp set-witches feet ( I LOVE this stamp!!!)
Stickles-orange peel, black soot, & lime green

A funny little story I must tell you about this card...well so not only is it summer and I'm making a halloween card...BUT I was listening to Christmas music while creating!!! YES...you heard me right, Christmas music. I know some of you probably aren't to shocked, because you know what type of person I am!! So I hope you enjoy this card as much as I did creating it!! So with that....'tis the season to be Jolly, Falalalala lalalala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that is all I have for today. I will be back this weekend with some more creations! I feel like a Christmas card is going to be in the works!!!! Thanks for visiting!

Blessings & Hope....
Misty















1 comment:

  1. Misty this is just too much fun! The witches hat triangles are great and the legs on the banner tags are SUPER!!!

    ReplyDelete